Car Wash Operators of New Jersey (CWONJ) provides its members’ employees and their families with a scholarship opportunity, a valuable employee benefit.
Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to CWONJ-member employees in 2017. The award can be used for a two- or four-year education, be it full or part time. Applicants will be evaluated based on their high school standing, leadership capabilities, community involvement, strength of character, personal achievement, plan of study, and future goals. The scholarship will be awarded to individuals who, through their work in the community and at member businesses, have demonstrated excellence and a genuine desire to expand their knowledge.
To be eligible an applicant must:
- Be an employee or direct family member of an employee of any CWONJ member
- Have been an employee, full or part time, for at least one year
- Have graduated high school or have the equivalent
- Be enrolled or plan to enroll at an accredited two- or four-year college or university and
- Not be an owner, or direct family member of an owner of a car wash facility, manufacturer, or retail supplier to the car wash industry
It is the hope of the CWONJ board of directors that members will encourage their employees and their families to take advantage of this great opportunity. Application deadline is April 3, 2017. To learn more and download an application form, visit www.cwonj.com.