Top chemical manufacturers in the car wash industry are constantly innovating and expanding their product offerings. They focus on providing car wash operators with the highest-preforming products to produce the best results.
Today’s car wash customer looks much different than yesteryear’s. In this fast-paced world, customers want a clean, freshly waxed, straight-from-the-showroom look without getting their hands dirty. This demand has created a boom for the express tunnel business. As more and more operators move to the express tunnel format, chemical manufacturers are meeting the demand by creating products that meet customer needs and cater to their wants. Here are the steps to take in your tunnel to get the best results and why this chemistry works.
1. PRESOAK ARCH
• A two-step approach is highly recommended (high pH then low pH to flip the molecule charge on the vehicle surface to first loosen hard to remove contaminants and, second, to lift them from surface)
• High-pH presoak: alkaline product made to soften and lift hard to remove road film and soil
• Low-pH presoak: acidic product to remove dirt and dust
2. TIRE — CTA APPLICATION
• Use a high-pH wheel and tire cleaner on a one-step CTA to remove organic and inorganic soils from brake pads, rubbers, rims and wheels
3. DETERGENT FOAM STICK
• Low-pH or neutral products are preferred to lift surface soils and provide lubricity to help rinse away remaining dirt and contaminants
4. CURTAINS — LUBRICATING FOAM SOAP OR WRAP FOAMS
• Low pH is recommended to further create a low-pH charge on the vehicle surface which naturally repels water
5. TRI FOAMS
• Low-pH or neutral products prepare the vehicle surface to accept sealant and protectant products. This includes speeding up the drying process so that the sealant and protectants can adhere to the vehicle surface
6. PROTECTANT/SEALANT AND WAX TREATMENTS
• Synthetic, polymer, and/or wax-based products
• Protectant/sealants provide protection against UV and natural elements by getting into the pores of a vehicle’s paint
• Waxes bring out a paint’s luster and gets the vehicle to shine
• Carnauba wax is still the hottest trend on the market for its gloss enchancing attributes
Scott Baeten is the owner/president of Lebanon, OH-based JBS Industries. You can visit the company on the web at www.jbsindustries.com.