The Western Carwash Association brought the 33-year run of its Western Car Wash Show as an independent event to an end at the Rio Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, NV October 28-30, 2014. With 1,316 conferees in attendance, the show closed on a high note. A Car Wash Tour & Roadshow got the event started on Tuesday morning, October 28. Opening day also featured a detailer “Certification-in-a-Day” program presented by the International Detailing Association. The afternoon was dedicated to the ever-popular Roundtable Discussions. Further educational opportunities were on the program for Wednesday and Thursday, including the Nuts-and-Bolts presentations, available right on the tradeshow floor during exhibiting hours.
Several awards were presented during the Breakfast/Business Meeting on Wednesday:
• Jeanne Schmidt Herron of Cruiser’s Carwash in Auburn, CA received the Community Service Award.
• One of two Distinguished Service Awards went to Bud Abraham of Detail Plus Car Appearance Systems Inc.
• Jerry Miller of the Law Office of Jerry Miller accepted the second Distinguished Service Award.
• Sharing recognition with one other honoree, Tom Ignatieff of 7 Flags Car Wash in Vacaville, CA was named Manager of the Year.
• The second Manager of the Year of the Year Award was presented to Charles Morris of Checkered Flag Hand Car Wash & Detail Center in Irvine, CA.
• Vic Odermat of Seattle, WA-based Brown Bear Car Wash was honored, in absentia, with the WCA’s Lifetime Achievement Award.
Beginning in 2015, the Western Car Wash Show will be folded into The Car Wash Show, which is presented annually by the International Carwash Association. The event is scheduled for April 23-25, 2015 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. For more information, contact WCA at (800) 344-9274, (916) 235-4135, or visit www.wcwa.org on the web. You can also contact the ICA at (888) ICA-8422, (312) 321-5199, or visit www.thecarwashshow.com.